The Furniture Industry Research Association and its commercial partner, FIRA International, have announced their 2018 open day schedule.
The open days are planned to give delegates an overview of the work of the Furniture Industry Research Association, and FIRA International, including:
- Furniture testing, including a tour of FIRA’s UKAS accredited testing facilities
- FIRA Gold certification schemes
- Work of the ergonomics team, and the FIRA Ergonomics Excellence Award
- Consultancy and research services within FIRA
- Sustainability and the work of the Furniture Industry Sustainability Project (FISP)
- Furniture aftercare with FIRA’s Service Technicians department, including a furniture repair demonstration
The open days are planned for:
- Thursday 22 February 2018
- Thursday 17 May 2018
- Thursday 11 October 2018
Speaking on the open days, Phil Reynolds, director at the Furniture Industry Research Association, and also general manager at FIRA International, says: “We always look forward to opening our doors to members, clients and those who wish to learn more about our activities, and how we are supporting the furniture industry. We always get good feedback on the day, especially regarding the tour of our UKAS accredited facilities and the furniture repair demonstration which delegates often find of particular interest.
“Even if you have previously come to an open day, you are more than welcome back to see changes and improvements we’ve made across the business and the Research Association, and of course meet some of our new experts.
“We are currently busy finalising our plans for 2018, but you can expect to see some focused open events taking place, for example we’ll be hosting an event where delegates can learn more about our forthcoming Chain of Custody scheme for flammability.”
Anyone from across the furniture supply chain, and related industries, are welcome to attend the open days. Early booking is always advised as the popular events often reach capacity with waiting lists in place. For further details, and to book onto an open day, potential delegates should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1438 777 700.