2015 will see the first full-scale edition of UBM’s interiors event, May Design Series, take place at London’s ExCeL from 17-19th May. Carefully ‘Curated for Business’, the show will welcome 500 exhibitors from across the world.
The show floor will be split evenly between British and international exhibitors, and the full exhibitor list is now available on the May Design Series website. Confirmed for the show are Leicht, RAK Ceramics, Branco Sobre Branco, Tomasella, Metallux and many others.
May Design Series will also be home to a programme of exclusive content themed around design and commerciality, including:
· The New Design Britain Awards feature at the entrance to the show, displaying the work of 30 finalists across six categories: Interior Design, Architecture, Furniture, Fabrics, Surfaces and Accessories, with the winners revealed live on Monday 18th May. A selection of New Design Britain alumni will also be exhibiting as part of the feature
· The Conversation Series will present a different high profile keynote speaker on each day
· Brand new for 2015, May Design Series will be partnering with CEDIA (the Custom Electronic Design & Installation Association) to create a brand new audio visual and home automation area, with names including Savant Europe, Habitech and Face to Face Digital already confirmed
· The Designers With Light conference in association with mondo*arc and darc is set to return, allowing visitors to enjoy a unique networking platform and exceptional programme looking at creativity, inspirational projects and exciting interactions of light
· Award winning writer Katie Treggiden, author of Confessions of a Design Geek and founder of Fiera Magazine, will curate an edited selection of the newest talent on the design scene from shows in Stockholm, Frankfurt and Copenhagen
· The show will welcome 40 of the UK's top Designer Makers, showcasing bespoke product designs ready to buy or commission in a comprehensive gallery
· Discover a world of textiles at the Fabric Pavilion, from the most luxurious to multipurpose materials
· In a new partnership with Bucks New University, DX will host a collection of students’ work that has been influenced, inspired by or designed in collaboration with live industry projects
· Birmingham City University have again teamed up with Global Color Research and digital wall covering brand Tektura to explore 2015/16 trend predictions from Mix Publications