Northeast independent furniture retailer Barker & Stonehouse has once again supported industry charity The Furniture Makers’ Company by raising £7500 through its annual golf day, taking its support of the charity to more than £100,000 over the last 20 years.
Around 70 people from across the furnishing industry took part in the golf day on Wednesday 9th August at the Catterick Garrison Golf Club in North Yorkshire, with representatives from some of the industry’s most recognised names in attendance.
The full list of prize winners was:
- Best visitor: Wayne Mundy, Henderson Insurance Brokers Ltd
- Best 1-9 Handicap: Andrew Kent, Milly Beds
- Best 10-15 Handicap: Paul Olivier, P J & R Olivier/Oliviers Furniture
- Best 16-28 Handicap: Michael Clarridge, Whitemeadow Furniture
- Best veteran: Alan Scott
- Best team: Oliver Keating, Robyn Edwards and Michael Clarridge of Whitemeadow Upholstery and Richard Parnell of Barker & Stonehouse
- Best gross: Michael Crack, Milly Beds
- Best overall: Terry Bridger, Kaymed UK
Dr Tony Smart MBE, Master of The Furniture Makers’ Company, says: “We are incredibly grateful for the generosity and support of Barker & Stonehouse. We would like to thank them for organising another hugely successful fundraiser but also their patronage over the years which has seen them raise and donate such a monumental figure. We would also like to thank the support of the attendees and sponsoring companies.
“The Barker & Stonehouse Teesside Golf Day continues to be one of the highlights in our supporter led fundraising calendar. Supporter led events such as this are of vital importance to helping The Furniture Makers’ Company achieve its charitable aims of educating young talent for the future and helping people within our industry who have fallen on tough times.”